Saturday, May 21, 2011

My photo was stolen...



I often visit Toysdaily Forum and Toy World Forum for latest news about any 1/6 scale release. A few days ago, I was shocked when browsing through Toy World Forum. Someone named STEAMBOY used my photo to support his repaint work without asking my permission or link the photo back to my blog. He even inserted his blog address in the bottom of the photo (original photo of mine). Though this is just a simple photo, I just feel it is a basic courtesy to ask for the owner’s permission or at least do a link back to the owner. He is obviously not a rookie for blogging. He should know the "so-called" rules when posting any photos that are belonged to others in his blog or forum.

6 comments:

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

ihope you let him know THAT IS NOT COOL. It's a smaller blogging community that one might imagine, and that should not be tolerated.

deSMOnd said...

Thanks bro, I have left a comment in his blog.

The Rebel said...

SO NOT COOL! I hope you gave him a piece of your mind Des!

deSMOnd said...

Bro, thanks for your suggestion..I already did that..

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

I read your comment on his blog and also that he had taken down the pic from his blog. I fell that it's only ethical that permission was sought before uploading someone else photo on blog or website (A link will be considerate).

Putting own's blog address on the pic that's taken by others does create a false perception and should be a NO...NO.

The fellow had been apologetic so I guess it will make you feel better.

deSMOnd said...

Oh..is it?? I have not read his reply yet..Anyway, thanks for your support, bro!!