Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hot Toys - Michael Jackson Pt.3 (Thriller Version)




Continued from part 1 and part 2 reviews, this is the zombie head comes with MJ figure in Thriller version. For zombie head, the hair is sculpted similar to MJ head. It is detail with right amount of curly strands in front. As you can see, the face has a corpse like appearance and the skin is sagging around the lower eyelids. Both eyes stick out a little bit and they are set staring straight and downward. Besides darker lips, you can find shades of darker skin colour on the cheeks and around the eyes including those lines drawn on the sagging facial skin.




On the zombie version, you can have the same outfit as what you got from MJ head version. The zombie outfit includes red jeans, red t-shirt, white socks and black shoes. The only difference is the zombie jacket comes with this version. You can also find weathering and dirt on the front and back of the zombie jacket. The work on the zombie jacket is nicely done and the damaged jacket matches pretty well with the one in the music video. As I am not a zombie fan, I will not buy the second slim African American Truetype body at the moment. But will get that if I have enough room to display the zombie MJ in the future.

14 comments:

The Rebel said...

I think this HS is much better than the normal version! :p

desmond said...

Rebel, the zombie head definitely matches the one in the video. I personally like the regular MJ head as it is based on a real person :)

LEon said...

This is more like the MTV. You know it Thriller! Thriller night!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

I saw this figure at CSC the other day. It's nice and serve as a good memoir of the king of pop in thriller MTV.

desmond said...

Yes Leon, the zombie head sculpt is very well made and damaged jacket looks great too :P

desmond said...

Dennis, you must be seen this piece in Andrew's display cabinet that set besides David's shop.

Asrul "iLham" Sany said...

love the zombie head.

;-)P

cowboy75 said...

so scary !!!

desmond said...

Asrul, the zombie head is very well done indeed :)

desmond said...

Cowboy75 - I find this zombie head is not so scary as compared to the 12inch series "Dead" produced by Sideshow. Those zombie figures are more scary :P

Astro Galaxy said...

Seeing this reminds me when I was very little, after watching the MTV, I was very scared for a few days...

desmond said...

Bro, I don't remember if I watched MJ Thriller MTV during my secondary school days. But I am sure I watched Moonwalker before :)

Dash MacBastard said...

Zombies rule! Much better than the normal MJ head sculpt.

desmond said...

Dash, I know you are a huge Zombie fan :P