Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Takara Tomy - Starscream (ROTF)

F-22 Raptor Aircraft in Vehicle Mode...



In Robot Mode...






Starscream in ROTF series is definitely an improved version as compared to the 2007 movie series. The aircraft in vehicle mode looks "unique" when the "so-called tattoos" are painted on the body this time round. When in robot mode, the two parts I like the most are its movie accurate head sculpt and detailed chest parts of the body. When turning its head, it activates the orange colour moving gears around the chest areas. I guess this is a "bonus" given to me. The only part I don't like for the figure is the feet which are too small. Anyway, this is still a great figure to have for collection. You may also view the transformation via Peaugh's video here.

8 comments:

LEon said...

I like the plane mode as for the robot, i never like him since the 1st movie. Starscream always is skinny and tall. I just can't shake off the old image. Sorry.

desmond said...

To me, I like it in both vehicle mode and robot mode. Starscream is definitely looks huge and tall as it is a jetfighter and the height should be the same as Megatron and Prime. I think Starscream's arms and legs are designed to be skinny so that these 4 parts can be "hidden" underneath of the aircraft in a better way when in vehicle mode.

Joshua said...

love the pictures taken bro....getting better and better with each post....


cheers bro!

desmond said...

Joshua, thanks for your compliments! Still learning :)

The Rebel said...

Great pics dude!

I was contemplating whether to get this or not...but after seeing the movie, i guess I'm more motivated to get Starscream to stand beside my voyagers 'Fallen and 'Megs.

And ur pictorial reviews here might just give me that 'extra push'....heheheh....

desmond said...

Thanks bro!! Megatron and Fallen will look more awesome when they are standing together with Starscream as it played an important role for all Decepticons in the movie..Starscream is definitely a must buy figure in the ROTF series :p

Juliana said...

This ROTF Starscream looks very good out of package! I like many of the Voyager ROTF toys, but space constraints at home is one main reason why I can't collect them. Some of my ROTF Deluxe toys are living on my floor :(

desmond said...

I believe no matter what you still have space for your favourite toys. It's just whether you want them to be displayed out or not. Sure got space one :P