Friday, December 6, 2019

Hot Toys 1/6 "Batman" in Justice League




Lift the slipcase is a simple box with clear window to show the figure and accessories within.

Looking at the figure, it bears a very close resemblance to Ben Affleck as Batman in Justice League (2017 film).

Hot Toys manages to capture and replicate the shape of Batman's muscular body. The gauntlet blades are so sharp that they can poke through the cape.

Left above is just one of the lower face plates I used for Affleck's facial expression. There are three lower face plates in total.


Just posing Batman with his grappling gun that has a unique look with great detail..


I remember Batman used the "Alien" gun to kill some Parademons in the last battle scene.

Although the rubber suit is stretchable, it still restricts the waist articulation. However, the figure can hold most of the basic poses.


This is the grappling gun with wood finish handle. It fits perfectly in the hand of Batman.

It's the time for Batman to wield his batarang which is made of plastic with right amount of weathering.


You can feel the "weight" of this figure as it's heavier than the usual 1/6 scale figures. As the figure has tight and ratchet joints, it can stand on its own feet.



The main reason I pick up this Batman figure is the head sculpt that has perfect likeness to Ben Affleck. Everything on the sculpt is beautifully executed here.

Actually, I don't like the interchangeable eye plates as it's very tricky to place and attach it inside the cowl. That's why I only changed the eye plate once as shown above. I prefer the PERS which Hot Toys used to include in their DX figures. I didn't display the supporting base with the figure as it occupies too much space on my shelf. Overall, I am very pleased to have the figure for my DC Heroes collection.

2 comments:

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

The material used looks very good. The facial sculpt also very close to Ben and lastly the facial hair looks very natural.

deSMOnd said...

Yes Dennis, I pick up this figure is mainly due to the perfect head sculpt HT produced.