Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dragon Models - SDU Assault Leader (Michael Chan)










Finally received my No.2 favourite toy of 2008 yesterday. Similar to SDU "Wai", I waited to buy this piece for so many years (the price is cheaper nowadays). These were the first figures released by Dragon for its SDU series. Until today, I still prefer the Dragon SDU series as compared to Hot Toys version. Because Dragon released a complete set of 5 figures with different specialities. They are Michael Chan (Assault Leader), Wai (Breacher), Ray (Cover), Lam (Sniper) and Cheong (Target Training). I remember Hot Toys only released SDU Assault and Breacher in different version.

4 comments:

cosmicbaby said...

Brings back memories...
You are still able to get a complete SDU team (if not more) with the 5-6 Hot Toys SDU figures by switching a few things around. I never found DML SDU line to be complete, they just made variations to pocket more of your $$$. In terms of complete-ness, DML Ray has the "most" gear

Anonymous said...

Yes, it brings back memories as I finally got the complete set of DML SDU series. Ray comes with more accessories such as shield and gas mask. What I meant for completeness is not the accessories and weapons given, it is the set of 5 figures with different specialities to form an operation team.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Do you have other 12-inch-figure of frontline Police officer from Hong Kong or Singapore? That will be interesting as well.

Anonymous said...

Yes Dennis, I have some Hong Kong Police figures too. You may view my "Toys - Dragon 12inch" under LABEL Category.