Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sideshow - 212th Attack Battalion: Utapau









I was so excited when I collected this awesome Utapau Clone Trooper yesterday. This is one of best Sideshow figures I have ever seen. The colour paint and its battle damage effects made on the surface of the body armour attract my attention so much. Besides, there are muddy effects on some parts of the helmet, body armour and shoes, and thus making its outfit looks so realistic. The figure comes with a pair of fisted hands, a carbine blaster and a long blaster rifle. The guns are good but no much weathering effects made on the surface. Although the inner body suit bunches up a bit around the shoulders, it's not a big issue to me anyway. Unfortunately, both joints attached to the lower torso are loose. The figure can still stand on its own if I adjust them properly. Overall, the joints are fairly tight enough to hold any pose I want. So, I highly recommend this figure in term of pricing, colour paint job and well detailed body armour to those Star Wars fans out there :P

14 comments:

LEon said...

Look good. Do they have a commander version?

desmond said...

Yes Leon, Utapau troopers have a commander called Cody or something, I can't remember. You may see my photo for the box packaging (back) and there is a small picture showing a trooper talking to the Jedi on his hand..I think that's the Utapau commander..

Joshua said...

sweet haul DESMOND!! how much did you pay for him? and where'd you get him. thought of getting one myself on the weekend.

@ leon - i wish they had a commander version....

LEon said...

I think its Cody also. What I mean is do they have the commander helmet or version for 12? Cody is quite an important character in the story anyway.

desmond said...

Joshua, I got it from David at Invasion CSC around S$150. He told me he has limited stock for this. So, dun wait till weekend and go grab it ASAP..It's not surprising Sideshow will release Utapau Commander in the future since they are releasing all the clone troopers. I hope they can release 501st Legion Clone Trooper this year as well :P

desmond said...

Leon, Cody's helmet and armour is different from the rest. Somebody customised Cody before. I saw the pictures posted in Toy Forum (can't remember which forum). It looks damn nice and I hope Sideshow will release it soon. FYI, Medicom had not released Cody before..

Joshua said...

with what limited funds i have i'm still deciding between Arnie as DUTCH or this fig...what do you think bro???

arnie or 212st battalion clonetrooper??

both iconic figures in all their glory...though arnie's headsculpt seems like a plus

desmond said...

Bro, it very much depends on yourself. Very simple, you can decide to get the one which you prefer to display on your shelves first. Then, you will know what to do :p

Little Plastic Man said...

Josh - Can both lah
Des - I will be getting the shocktrooper because I like the red design very much. How about you?

desmond said...

Yes Adrian, I am getting the Sideshow Shock Trooper since I have the Medicom version..Haha!!

Joshua said...

the reason why i'm drawn to sideshow troopers is mainly because THE PRICE IS RIGHT !!!! HAHA...seriously..these troopers are pretty decently priced as opposed to medicoms'

however the problem that i nitpick on is the accuracy of the figure's helmet etc..but i still love it..


however i would hate to miss up on something as iconic as arnie whose headsculpt licence doesn't always get approved easily...

hence i'm undecided.
as for the shocktrooper while i would love to say yes, the problem i'm facing is FINANCIAL!!! already have 6 hot toys figs on preorder..dont' know how much more damage i can take !!! lol!

damn terminator line keeps churning and i keep burning!

desmond said...

I know you can take the damage one, no problem bro..Haha!!

Shaun said...

cool score Des.

desmond said...

Thanks Shaun :)