Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sideshow - 501st Legion Clone Trooper Pt.2


I have been aiming to get the Medicom 501st Legion Clone Trooper since I started my Star Wars collection. Due to expensive pricing, I give up in the end.

Later, when Sideshow started to release the 1/6 scale clone troopers, I was very happy. Because I know they will release the 501st Legion Clone Troopers one day.

This is the same mold Sideshow used to produce the Imperial Shock Troopers and Utapau Clone Troopers. The colour deco on the armour is the only difference you can compare from other clone troopers.

Looking closer to the figure, I notice some black marks on the armour are printed by machine rather than hand painted. However, this doesn't affect the overall weathering on the armour.

All the joints are fairly tight except to the loose ankle joints. It's really annoying when trying to make some poses.

Surprisingly, the undersuit is made of stretchable fabric material that can be torn by sharp objects. I prefer the rubber undersuit used for the previous releases.

Despite to the loose ankle joints, this is a very nice figure in term of pricing and paint work. I highly recommend to pick it up if you are a huge fan of Star Wars clone troopers. You may view the box packaging here.

2 comments:

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Sometimes patience would pay off if you think some exclusive were over price. You either wait of reissue or when someone sells his preloved.

deSMOnd said...

Yes bro, I am very pleased with this Sideshow trooper as the overall quality and paint work is considered good :)