Friday, June 5, 2020

Hot Toys 1/6 "Superman Returns: Superman" 2 In 1 Ver. Pt.3


Continued from my part 2 review, we take a look at the Superman figure.

This is a signature look of Superman with one little lock of hair that curls and hangs down on his forehead.

Although the boots are made of soft plastic, they still restrict the ankle movements.

Looking at the hair sculpt, it's considered good at that time. The skin colour looks realistic but it lacks of texture.

I like the fabric used for the cape. The cape has certain weight and it hangs down from the shoulders beautifully.

As the blue costume is stretchable, it allows the figure to handle some action poses.

The belt and chest emblem are well replicated and painted in the right colour.

I would prefer Hot Toys to use a slightly bigger muscular body for this character as the figure looks very slim indeed.

Unfortunately, the elbow joints provide only maximum of 90 degree bend which limit the upper body articulation.

I did not pose Superman in his flying position as I was afraid I might break his arms.

Overall, the figure has tight joints and it stands well on its own.

Despite the fact that the head sculpt has poor likeness to Brandon Routh, I am still very happy to own the figure. This is also my first 1/6 scale Superman figure. You may see the box packaging here.

2 comments:

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Beside Christopher Reeves, my next fav Superman actor would be Henry Cavill. This figure in general looks alright, not considering facial likeness. Still I would prefer a more muscular Superman figure.

deSMOnd said...

Yes Dennis, Christopher Reeves is always our favourite Superman at all times. Henry is very muscular. If he could be a little bit taller, that would be perfect :)