Monday, January 18, 2010

The Spy Next Door

"Bob Ho (Jackie Chan), an undercover operative for the CIA, decides to give up his career and marry his girlfriend, Gillian (Amber Valletta). However, before Bob can do that, he has one more mission to complete: gain the approval of Gillian's children. Bob volunteers to babysit when Gillian is called away, but the operation hits a snag when one of the kids mistakenly downloads a top-secret formula, and a Russian terrorist takes aim at Bob's prospective family (Movie Overview: Fandango)."

This is the first movie I watched in 2010. The plot is predictable and hilarious. It's simply great for kids. To me, the weak point is there was no chemistry between the female lead "Amber Valletta" and Jackie as I guess English language might be the disadvantage to Jackie. Despite this, Jackie's "environmental" action make up for the movie and it's fun to watch. The bad guys were humorous and I laughed a lot. Overall, it is an enjoyable film for all ages and my movie rating is 3/5.

2 comments:

saruman said...

Sounds cool... I wonder when I can go and see it...

desmond said...

I think this is kind of entertaining film which you can bring your kids to watch too :)