Saturday, April 18, 2020

Dragon Models 1/6 "Eddy" Hong Kong Airport Security Unit Pt.2


Look at the badge above. He is Eddy Lam - the Airport Security Unit (ASU) officer of the Hong Kong Police Force.

The navy blue beret is made of soft plastic. You can remove the beret from Eddy if you want.

Every ASU officer has a drop leg magazine holder which carries extra magazines for his pistol and submachine gun.


Besides a Browning Hi-Power pistol, Eddy has a set of Motorola radio with earpiece, a pair of handcuffs, a flashlight, a pager, a baton and a digital watch.

Eddy's primary weapon is the German made submachine gun "MP5A3" which is also my favourite SMG at all times.

Of coarse, Eddy has a bulletproof vest which I did not show it during my photo shoot.

As the figure was released in 2003, its body was not very articulated. So, some action poses are not "natural".

Looking at the head sculpt, it reminds me of a Hong Kong actor and singer Ekin Cheng.

The reason I review this figure is because I am currently watching a Hong Kong drama "Airport Strikers 機場特警 (2020)" which motivates me to take "Eddy" out of my toy shelf and take some pictures. You may see my promotional poster here and its packaging here.

2 comments:

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Quite close to Ekin and the pass is very sharp. I think it stood against the test of time ...

deSMOnd said...

Yes Dennis, the figures by Dragon were considered very good at that time around 2000.