Sunday, August 9, 2009

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

"A weapons expert James McCullen (Christopher Eccleston) created a nanotechnology-based weapon capable of destroying an entire city. He sold four warheads to NATO, and the U.S. Army is assigned to deliver the warheads. Duke (Channing Tatum) and Ripcord (Marlon Wayans) are ambushed by the Baroness (Sienna Miller) when they are delivering the warheads. Duke and Ripcord are rescued by Scarlett (Rachel Nichols), Snake Eyes (Ray Park) and Heavy Duty (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje). They take the warheads to The Pit, G.I. Joe's command center in North Africa. General Hawk (Dennis Quaid), the head of G.I. Joe Team takes command of the war-heads and excuses Duke and Ripcord, but when Duke reveals that he knows the Baroness...(Plot extracted from Wikipedia)"

It is a fast-paced action movie. The visual effects are spectacular with a lot of fighting, gunshot and battle scenes. Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes are my favourite characters in the movie. There was a part that Duke and Ripcord looked a little identical to "Halo" characters when they put on the high-tech armour suit to stop the Baroness from destroying the Eiffel Tower. You may feel the same of what I am saying if you watched the movie. The two female actress are simply hot and sexy. Although the plot is not that fantastic, it does not spoil the movie and I enjoyed it from beginning till the end. I am sure there will be a sequel of this film after few years time. Anyway, I highly recommend the film and my overall movie rating is 3.5/5.

0 comments: