Friday, November 6, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

"Conceived as a marrow donor for her gravely ill sister, Anna Fitzgerald (Abigail Breslin) has undergone countless surgeries and medical procedures in her short life. Though their older daughter's life has no doubt been prolonged, the unorthodox decision of Anna's parents has cracked the entire family's foundation. When Anna sues her parents for emancipation, it sets off a court case that threatens to destroy the family for good (Synopsis Source: Fandango)."

I am fine with the movie plot as I did not read the novel before. The movie is emotional and great performance by all the actors. I could feel the struggle of a mother who is placed in that situation even if I am not a parent yet. The portrayal of the brother character was lacking and thus leaving us wondering what he was going through. But, the ending was very touching and sad. Anyway, you can go to watch the movie if you have time and my overall rating for this one is 3/5.

2 comments:

LEon said...

Did you cry during the last part? So moving and you give 3/5?...

desmond said...

I didn't cry but a bit tear came out from my eyes. It's a normal sentimental film and 3 is good to me already :)