Thursday, December 3, 2009

Kuala Lumpur Trip - Day 1 on 27 Nov


It has been quite a while I didn't go overseas for holiday except the trip to Hong Kong in May this year. As last Friday was a public holiday, I and my friends went for a short trip to KL. We stayed in Piccolo Hotel which is located in the city near Jalan Bukit Bintang. After putting down our luggage, we went to Pavilion KL in the evening.

Before entering the shopping mall, I felt like I was standing along Orchard Road in Singapore. The Pavilion Crystal Fountain caught our attention immediately. The lighting in the bowls change its colour every few seconds. It is a very nice landmark for photo shoots!!

I love the atmosphere outside the shopping mall as there are lots of christmas lighting decorations there.

I guess the owner of Pavilion KL has spent a lot of money for the interior decorations too.

I can't even find those booths in Singapore, they are freaking nice!!

When passing by the food court, we saw Madam Kwan in person. We decided to try the signature dish of Madam Kwan's - Nasi Lemak. The sweet and spicy sambal ikan bilis reminded me of my mum's cooking.

We then went to the luxury shopping mall "Starhill Gallery" for a walk.


Thanks to my buddy "Li Ling" and her hubby "James" who brought us to such wonderful places.

We also went to Jalan Alor which is formerly known as the "Red light district" of KL for supper. The food there is nice but the price is not cheap.

16 comments:

The Rebel said...

Hey Des..

Great to see you having a great time in KL....

Did you managed to stop by at some of the toy stores (more like a must for you I shd say!).....heheh...

desmond said...

Rebel - The trip was rushed and I just managed to drop by the small XL-Shop at Mid Valley. I forgot to go the main shop at Times Square. I guess I have to go next time :)

cowboy75 said...

welcome bro !! u should contact me first, i can bring u to all toy shop in KL !! maybe next time

desmond said...

Thanks Cowboy75, I will contact you all when I go to KL next time. It will be a nice experience to meet overseas toy collectors who are sharing the same hobbies :)

Little Plastic Man said...

Yes Des we should have a trip to KL to explore the toy scene there

LEon said...

Look fun. Got visit any toy shop in KL?

desmond said...

Bro, I guess someone has to voluntarily organise such trip and lead us all :)

desmond said...

Leon, I only visited the small XL-Shop at Mid Valley but forgot to go the main XL-Shop at Times Square. What a waste!!

saruman said...

yes, u should contact cowboy and I can join u guys! (if i'm free!)

desmond said...

Saruman, we meet next time if I go to KL again :P

J A S O N L U said...

wow, have a nice day in KL desmond. hehe

deSMOnd said...

Ya Jason, I enjoyed my KL trip..

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

KL is so so beautiful! The shopping malls are so grand too and fill with Christmas atmosphere. Really lure me to revisit KL again.

desmond said...

Yes Dennis, the christmas atmosphere in KL is better than in Singapore. Lots of awesome decorations in the city. You can revisit there with your family :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am from Belgium and now I think that I have to visist Singapur on day

desmond said...

Hi, the photos posted here were taken in Kuala Lumpur which is the capital of Malaysia. Anyway, good to hear you intend to visit Singapore in the future :P